Immigrate to Macedonia - 2022 Update
Immigrate to MacedoniaUpdated on Thursday 21st April 2022
based on 1 reviews.
|Entry visa requirement (from EU) (YES/NO)|| |
Entry visa requirement (outside EU) (YES/NO)
|Types of visas available|| |
- entry visa,
- business visa,
- employment visa
|Time frame for obtaining work visa (approx.)|| |
Around 7 days
|Validity of temporary residence permit|| |
|Temporary residence permit renewal requirements|| |
Proof of personal funds, domicile, clear criminal record
|Documents for obtaining a residence permit|| |
- valid passport,
- health insurance,
- bank statements,
- proof of accommodation
|Time frame for obtaining permanent residence (approx.)|| |
After living for at least 3 years in Macedonia
|Investor Visa availability (YES/NO)||Yes|
|Start-up Visa Scheme availability (YES/NO)||Yes|
|Sponsorship requirement (YES/NO)|| |
|Time frame for obtaining citizenship|| |
After living at least 8 years in Macedonia
|Citizenship/Residency by investment scheme availability (YES/NO)|| |
|Taxation of foreign citizens|| |
- 10% rate for incomes up to MKD 1,080,000;
- 18% on the difference above MKD 1,080,000
|Tax benefits for expats|| |
Taxation for non-residents is made on the income generated in Macedonia
Types of visas are required for Macedonia in 2022
- Short-term visa - is valid for 90 days and is issued for the visit to Macedonia.
- Tourist visa - foreigners can visit this country and live for 90 days, in a period of 180 days. This type of visa can be obtained from the consulate and embassy.
- Business visa - Those who want to do business in Macedonia can apply for this type of visa. And those who want to participate in training or business meetings must apply for this visa. You can find out more about immigration to Macedonia from our lawyers.
- Family visa - Family reunification is possible with this type of visa. If you have relatives in Macedonia and want to immigrate to Macedonia, then this visa is required.
- Student D visa - this type of visa is intended for those who want to stay more than 3 months in Macedonia, for courses. College sponsorship is required. You can talk to us about how to immigrate to Macedonia.
- Work visa - is issued for a period longer than 3 months, and the authorities require a copy of the employment contract.
How do I obtain a residence permit in Macedonia?
- Evidence of accommodation in Macedonia.
- A valid passport.
- Bank statements.
- Health insurance.
Retire to Macedonia
Citizenship in Macedonia
- As of July 2021, Macedonia had a population of over 2,128,000 citizens.
- All data for 2021 show that net migration was 0.38% per 1000 population.
- There are over 25% of Albanians of the total population of Macedonia living in this country.
- Over 3.5% of Macedonia's population is Turkish, and 1.78% are Serbians.